San Ramon, CA | Contract
Position: ETL Developer
Location: San Ramon, CA
Duration: 6 Months
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we’ ve built our company around a single concept – relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We’ re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
About Our Client
Our client is not just any bank, they’ ve been in business for more than 135 years. Their foundation is the relationship to their customers offering a wide span of financial services.
Our client is looking for a qualified and motivated candidate to be responsible for proper ETL development, standards and best practices, collaborating with existing ETL resources to set cutting edge industry standards.
- Manages development and testing tasks and ensuring adherence to previously agreed to timelines communicating status
- Evaluates the integration a various data sources like Oracle, SQL server, VSAM and sequential files into staging area and recommends and/or implements efficiencies
- Counsels team members on the evaluation of data using the Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) toolkit. Applies data analysis, data cleansing, data matching, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities of IDQ
- Performs technical walk-through as needed to communicate design/coded solution and to seek input from team members
- Develops ETL processes using Informatica, ETL control tables, error logging, auditing, data quality, etc
- Implements data cleanup procedures, transformations, scripts, stored procedures, and execution of test plans for loading the data successfully into the targets.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Experience at Enterprise-level ETL development and ETL architecture using Informatica and understanding the COBOL file structures
- Strong Oracle Database technical knowledge in the areas of general SQL and PL/SQL
- Strong Informatica technical knowledge in the areas on Informatica Designer Components -Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor
- Good knowledge of analytical and logical conceptual level programming skills
- Good knowledge of Erwin model generation tools (logical and physical)
- Data analysis, data mapping, data loading, and data validation
- Understand reusability, parameterization, workflow design, etc.
- Support other ETL developers; providing mentoring, technical assistance, troubleshooting and alternative development solutions
- Should have thorough understanding of Entire life cycle of Software and various Software Engineering Methodologies
- Performance tuning and end-to-end lifecycle experience with Enterprise wide data warehouse.
- 7 – 10 years of experience at Enterprise-level ETL development and ETL architecture using Informatica and understanding the COBOL file structures
- 3+ years in banking and financial services is preferred
- 3+ years of experience deploying large scale projects using Informatica Tools