ETL Developer 5
San Ramon, CA | Contract
Position: ETL Developer
Terms: 3 months contract
Client: Financial Services in East Bay
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we’ ve built our company around a single concept – relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We’ re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
About Our Client
Our client is not just any bank, they’ ve been in business for more than 135 years. Their foundation is the relationship to their customers offering a wide span of financial services.
This resource will be responsible for managing data availability, integration, transformation, and delivery to the data mart. Develops and implements comprehensive data integration processes, standardizes the presentation of information derived from multiple sub ledger transaction systems, and develops data sources necessary to support financial reporting needs.
- Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes.
- Extracts structured and unstructured data from source systems, transforming it to fit business performance management needs, and loading it into a data mart.
- Ensures ETL process is developed in modular fashion in shared folders and reusable objects to enforce consistency timely development.
- Reviews ETL production design for performance optimization.
- Collaborates with business functional leaders by analyzing and evaluating business requirements; diagnose the design, propose/design alternatives and recommendations.
- Plans and coordinates the implementation of new data requirements
- Oversees the data load production process and the implementation of new data load files in accordance with the department’ s change management process
- Resolves issues through troubleshooting and quick diagnoses.
- Ensures data quality by designing and implementing adequate internal controls and monitoring processes.
- Includes controls to identify individual ETL flows that are performance issues.
- Ensures controls are maintained when designing new structures by utilizing object naming conventions to encourage consistent development and ease of migration from development to test to production.
- Works closely with Information Technology staff through the phases of coding and implementation of external data source files providing clarifications as necessary.
- Maintains effective ongoing communications with the business and IT community and operational management regarding system plans, projects, budgets, expenditures and policies.
- Participates in the research and resolution of enterprise data governance issues.
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 10+ years’ experience required
- Experience in providing technical support, covering database administration and operations to include monitoring maintenance capacity, performance monitoring/planning and incident/problem troubleshooting and resolution
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Expert knowledge of relational databases, flat files and non-relational database structures.
- Expert knowledge of Help Desk tools and trouble ticket tracking processes.
- Expert knowledge of support agreements and their implied service levels.
- Proven ability to write excellent technical documentation.