Director of Pharmacy
South San Francisco, CA | Direct Hire
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Director of Pharmacy to be a part of our client’ s team in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our partner is a nonprofit organization that provides managed care programs for Medi-Cal, Medicare, Healthy Kids, and HealthWorx.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Director of Pharmacy
- The opportunity to work for a highly regarded nonprofit.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, sick time, retirement plan (10% matching), vacation pay, tuition reimbursement plan, onsite fitness center and more.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of all Pharmacy initiatives.
- Develop an overall pharmacy business plan and budget that will establish goals/targets and strategies to educate physicians/providers, and will include methods to measure and monitor the effectiveness and success of all pharmacy programs and services implemented.
- Develop and implement pharmacy-related policies, procedures, guidelines and programs.
- Develop and oversees strategies to control pharmacy quality, utilization and cost as well as to reduce variations in pharmacy practices.
- Lead all pharmacy related quality programs.
- Define strategy to communicate treatment guidelines and policies to primary and specialty care physicians.
- Work closely with Finance Department and informatics/analytics team to ensure accurate collection of pharmacy utilization data and reporting.
- Identify opportunities for new pharmacy management programs and provides regular reporting on program performance.
- Ensure that proper pre-authorization procedures are administered consistently and effectively while remaining up to date on all new medications and related policies.
- Ensure pharmacy department meets regulatory compliance requirements.
- Implement Medicare prescription benefit contracts.
- Act as a liaison between external Pharmacy Benefits Managers with a focus on oversight of pharmacy claims processing and all aspects of the pharmacy benefit plans.
- Attend all necessary department and inter-department meetings.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D). California Pharmacy License, active, in good standing, no restrictions or/and Masters in Business Administration (MBA).
- 5+ years’ experience in the pharmacy field with managed care experience. 3+ years’ experience in a management position. Experience with Medicare Part D is required.
- Strong knowledge of Medicare Part D, Pharmacy risk contracting including rebate related issues; quality programs including Stars and HEDIS measures; applicable State and federal regulations
- Provider relations and working with various payor environments.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and databases.
- Strong understanding of pharmacy risk and cost-effective prescribing alternatives.
- Ability to process and understand pharmacy utilization data.