Director of Analytics
Alameda, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Director of Analytics to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay area. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biopharmaceutical company focusing on the developing and commercializing therapies for a unique indication.
Our Client’ s culture is that of a small organization, family-oriented and fast paced. They offer an environment that encourages employees to collaborate, streamline processes, and drive day-today activity. Currently, they have two successful products on the market and are continue to develop additional treatment options to impact patients afflicted by their disease. If you are looking for a company that will allow you to wear multiple hats and become part of a tight knit family, this is the perfect company for you.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Director of Analytics:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develops new or existing methods for identifying compounds and concentrations with method development and validation documentation. Supports the activities of Formulations, Pharmacology, Toxicology and Clinical areas. Provides technical support for Operations.
- Conducts testing of analytical samples for the laboratory area, the separation and characterization of drug candidates, analytical support to formulation development, impurity identification, and analytical method development.
- Develops, establishes, and validates testing methodology used to control raw materials, production intermediates, and final products.
- Conducts work in compliance with cGLP, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Provides analysis and evaluation of material and products at all stages of development process.
- Interacts with consultants, contract laboratories and vendors to obtain product information, place orders and/or troubleshoot equipment.
- Serves as mentor to lower level Analytical Chemists and assists in training as determined by manager.
- Maintains a high level of professional expertise of state-of-the-art principals and theories through literature, courses, and seminars. Uses professional concepts to contribute to the development of Company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives.
- Participates in departmental and project team meetings. May participate in conferences and other business meetings as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Requires a Ph.D. or equivalent in a scientific discipline, preferably chemistry, with a minimum of 10+ years of experience in a research and/or development environment within the life sciences, biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration with others and independent thought. Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
- Must possess excellent mathematical, instrumentation, interpersonal, communication (oral and written), documentation, organizational, and project planning skills.
- Must possess computer proficiency in the use and application of the Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Demonstrated ability to write analytical/testing sections of a New Drug Application (NDA).
- Ability to anticipate and resolve issues and work effectively in a team environment with management of a scientific group.
- Must be knowledgeable of GLP, cGMP, and FDA regulatory requirements.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work in time sensitive situations.
- Previous experience in ophthalmic or relevant therapeutic or product area highly desired but not required.