Device Development Lab Technician
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Device Development Lab Technician to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Device Development Lab Technician
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support new product design, development and implementation of delivery devices and novel injection tools/aids for biologic therapeutics. Primary technologies include auto-injectors, patch infusers/pumps, and needle stick prevention devices utilizing pre-filled syringes and cartridges.
- Execution of mechanical and analytical testing to support the selection, design verification, commercialization and marketing of various medical device designs. This will include the execution of routine and ongoing R&D stability testing, design verification testing, complaint investigations and test requests.
- Work with design engineers and the medical device development laboratory manager to identify, develop, implement, qualify and validate new test methods and procedures.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree in a physical, chemical or biological science, or other related degree concentration, with a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Team oriented, dependable, self-starter. Strong computer and scientific skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to changing work flows, procedures, and projects.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Medical Device industry with direct experience in executing physical and repetitive test methods (e.g. using Instron tensile testing instrument).
- Experience in an R&D and regulated (cGMP or QSR) environment including current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP) and notebook data recording/reporting practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability/flexibility and having a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, attention to detail, maintain accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.