San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
Location: San Diego, CA
Our valued client is in need of a unique individual. Humble, energetic, passionate, curious, motivated, and intelligent; this unique individual will build and deploy its suite of healthcare products. Additionally, this unique individual will have a passion for technology, a passion for people, and a passion for teamwork. You will be happy to learn new skills and continue to grow your existing skills to ensure our clients customer’ s success. This person will be comfortable being in a highly impactful role and will understand that our client’ s product is on the forefront of the Population Health Management technology.
The client, a highly progressive SW Company that develops an industry leading web application within the healthcare domain has top-notch senior management, offers a great work/life balance, has SUPER competitive benefits and 401k matching (125% of contribution up to 5%) Exceptional benefits package with Med/Dent/Vis/Life, 23 PTO days with 7 paid holidays for a total of 30 total paid days off annually).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strong experience in DevOps best practices
- Strong Agile experience
- Strong knowledge of deployment technologies (Puppet and/or Chef)
- Linux Red Hat or CentOS
- Oracle or MSSQL REBMS experience with a basic understanding of SQL queries
- Continuous Integration practices is a must.
- Strong experience with tools & Frameworks: Hibernate, JDBC, and Eclipse.
- Configure, Manage and use CRM and Atlassian products like Jira and Confluence, etc)
- Shell scripting e.g. Puppet/Chef/Oracle DBMS/Perl/Bash/Ruby/Python
- Strong experience with Decision Support systems and Analytics.
- VMware and Docker platform experience.
- B.S. Computer Science/Information Systems/related field
- Natural curiosity and a savage appetite for troubleshooting is required.
- Coding experience is required, but some good software development experience is preferred
- Strong network skills and solid understanding of the OSI model.
- Experience with Java and multi-threaded, distributed systems implementation
- Experience working within a software products within technology solutions management, engineering, technical infrastructure, or technical operations is preferred.
- It would be really nice if you have experience with Groovy and Grails
- Health information technology (HIT), Health information exchanges (HIE), Electronic medical records (EMR), are nice to have.
San Diego Office:
Our clients newly built office space has been specifically designed and created for their software development teams. Taking input from the engineering group their work spaces feature modern desks, a meeting room and collaboration area for each team. Each team workspace has been built along the windows of the building to provide ample natural light and is designed to provide a balance of focus and easy conversation. In addition to highly functional work spaces, the supporting space includes a large ocean view deck, dining/break area with multiple televisions, a foosball table, ping pong table, stationary blender bike and walking work station. The San Diego office building complex contains a full gym, outdoor pool, and tennis/basketball court as well as miles of natural running and hiking trails.
Our clients culture of innovation is supported by agile teams that develop their products, hack-day events that promote new ideas and growth as well as connect-a-thon events to demonstrate their products and interoperability.
Our client is passionate about and actively supports employee well-being. Around the office employees are provided complimentary fresh fruit, healthy snacks and a wide assortment of beverages. The company holds a number of events and activities throughout the year that promote and reward exercise and well-being.