Desktop Technician 3
San Ramon, CA | Contract
Desktop Support Technician
Industry: Financial Services
Location: San Ramon, CA
Job Duration: 12 months contract
Interview Process: Phone, Onsite
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we' ve built our company around a single concept - relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We' re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
About Our Client
A well-established financial service client in the East Bay.
Our client is seeking a Desktop Technician to be responsible for the remote installation, configuration, and administration of Windows desktops. Handle all support requests via phone and remote desktop access.
- Assist in the software and hardware life cycle management processes including research, packaging, quality assurance, and deployment preparation.
- Set up new users, including desktop configuration, email accounts, ldap accounts, VPN accounts.
- Support employees, both local and remote, with desktop issues, account issues, and access to various internal services.
- Troubleshoot software issues on employee’ s desktops/laptops.
- Some off hours support may apply.
- Associate' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- At least 5+ years of experience supporting Windows environment
- Knowledge of Windows OS.
- Experience with VMware / virtualization and Thin Apps
- Strong knowledge with Active Directory
- Work with Architecture & Engineering to develop strategies needed to support the VDI (virtual desktop Infrastructure) environment and user interactions.
- Experience troubleshooting desktop issues as well as mobile devices.
- White glove customer service interacting with both IT and Business groups
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned.