Database Admin I
Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Database Admin I to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Database Admin I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Working under general supervision and guidance, provides database and 1st level user application support (locally) as well as 2nd and 3rd level user application support (globally across diagnostics division, DIA) to a team of project managers and functional users of a standardized, planning and budgeting tool.
- Working under general supervision and guidance, provides database support and inputs necessary for business processes involving company portfolio of R&D projects and initiatives (i.e. creating new projects in the tool, updating user templates, managing master data, users and access, etc according to standardized processes).
- Working under general supervision and guidance, provide support for and active membership on a change management team that assesses inputs from users of the tool to drive short term solutions, as well as develop requirements for future tool releases.
- Provide and maintain a standardized training modules that enables this role to provide consistent and comprehensive new user training on the tool, as well as onboarding users to the company.
- Participate in and provide inputs to a DIA-wide community of System and Support Administrators to ensure continued alignment across the organization, as well as a venue for peer support and robust knowledge sharing across the organization.
- Demonstrate collaborative and team oriented approach to every user interaction to build strong relationships to establish this roles as the first point of contact for applications users.
- Plan and execute own work.
- Using discretion and independent judgment to consider and determine appropriate solutions/actions; analyze alternative approaches to creatively solve problems to develop new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Maintain sharepoint site of all application related training and support information.
- BA/BS from an Accredited Institution or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Typicalled, 2-6 years of job related experience, 3+ years of job related experience preferred.
- In depth knowledge of businesss processes and technological skills, prokect management skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Software Knowledge with Windows 10, MS Office, MOSS, Planisware, Google Suite, HP Service Manager