San Ramon, CA | Contract
6- Month Contract San Ramon, CA
We have a client seeking a Data Analyst who will be responsible for applying their knowledge of database management systems to test, implement and make changes to computer databases.
- Performs data analysis, data extraction and executes tests via various computer software packages
- Prepares and documents the specifications of the programs being utilized to pull data. This includes but is not limited to: the creation and use of documents to assist the request and data integrity of the data that is provided to the internal users.
- Generate ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and data warehouse queries or databases.
- Work with cross-functional teams: including management, technical and client teams to perform data requirements, data analysis, business data implementation approaches and to instill best practices for data storage, manipulation and analysis tactics.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or have the ability to direct others in coding descriptions.
- Modify database management systems, existing databases and/or direct programmers/analysts to make changes.
- Work to analyze and make recommendations on business, technology, and/ or process improvements
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Bachelor' s degree – from a technical field such as: computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 5+ years applicable experience required.
- Experience with database technologies.
- Understanding of the ETL process.
- Familiarity of at least one scripting language.
- Experience with building relational data structures
- Ability to analyze and manipulate data in a variety of formats (SAS, SQL, JCL)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Enjoys helping businesses make better data driven decisions.