Customer Service Specialist
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Customer Service Specialist to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnical company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Customer Service Specialist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers, partners and other stakeholders
- Works with Direct Supervisor and other team members to review/learn business strategies, goals, as well as departmental goals and performance metrics relevant to his/her responsibilities
- Acts as the first-line of contact for external channel customers or other related external parties, assisting with all product order and related requests
- Provides full-time telephone coverage, customer call handling. Receives and manages high-volume telephone calls/inquiries as well as departmental faxes or other communication methods
- Validates state licenses for all customers to ensure PDMA (Prescription Drug Marketing Act) compliance, creates, updates and issues licenses as appropriate
- Processes all external customer product orders, entering relevant data into departmental/company systems-processing orders.
- Manages carriers to ensure shipments are delivered on-time and escalates any concerns/issues to Transportation as needed
- Processes returns and invoice adjustments for various customer segments in addition to creating and issuing RA’ s (Return Authorizations) and fulfilling damaged replacement order requests
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role:
- Decision Making - Thinks through problems clearly and logically, is decisive
- Technical and Business Expertise - Applies emerging knowledge and trends, builds strong relationships, contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area
- Communication - Listens well, expresses ideas fluently and logically, is open to input and can be depended on for truthfulness
- Teamwork and Collaboration – Creates an atmosphere of openness and trust, collaborates, offers support and encouragement
- Achieving Results – Is goal directed and persistent, is accountable for meeting commitments, recognizes the contributions of peers
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- 2 or more years related work experience, i.e., customer service, administration-preferably gained within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry
- Must demonstrate knowledge of data entry and good basic computer skills, e.g., proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Previous database/computer systems experience, particularly in a high-volume, customer service/call center environment is strongly preferred
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems experience, particularly SAP, is preferred
- Technical expertise and Microsoft Excel experience preferred, comfortable with both informal and formal UAT (user acceptance testing) strongly preferred
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
- Ability, comfort & commitment to operate in a highly regulated environment and industry that requires a fundamental understanding of adherence to company policies, procedures and relevant internal or external laws and regulations
- Good time management, organizational skills including both good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to coordinate efforts across multiple departments to effectively resolve customer issues
- Positive proactive attitude, strategic agility and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Team Player
- Proven ability to effectively exercise judgment and discretion with confidential and sensitive information