Saratoga, CA | Contract
Corporate/Technical Trainer/Instructional Designer
Industry: Information Technology, Real Estate
A prominent luxury real estate company is currently seeking a Corporate/Technical Trainer for their south bay location. The Corporate/Technical trainer will be a part of the Training Department which reports to the Vice President of Training. Trainers develop, manage and deliver software and hardware training for agents and office staff at locations across Northern California. Trainers also assist with training website updates through our learning management system, building training course material and scheduling, monitoring and evaluating online and in-person courses.
Here is why you are a fit
- You love to help people.
- You have a broad knowledge of technology and are a frequent user of learning and productivity software on PC and Mac.
- You are a quick learner.
- You are excited by the prospect that training courses you develop and deliver can change people’ s lives.
- You can speak and write in a way that educates and motivates.
- You are eager to join a team that invites you to immerse yourself in technology and make a difference in the success of others.
- Liaise with internal departments to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
- Collaborate with internal, senior level stakeholders, as well as vendors
- Help prepare project proposals, timeframes, presentations, updates, schedules and budget
- Navigate departments to obtain proper approvals to keep project moving forward
- Use project management tools to monitor workflow, performance, and stakeholder accountability
- Help identify and escalate issues to appropriate management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrated experience in an adult education and/or training environment/instructional design
- Excellent training and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively in front of groups.
- Strong positive energy that comes through when you present/instruct.
- Extremely detail oriented with outstanding organizational and follow through skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 and ability to learn other software programs quickly.
- Must be a self-starter with good initiative.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Conduct online training/internet delivered courses and webinars as needed.
- Assist with new product rollouts, including the development and delivery of documentation and training.
- Build, schedule and instruct non-core courses on request.
- Print and distribute course materials required for classes.
- Monitor and respond to questions in Training email inbox, including course confirmations.
- Send weekly invitations for classes.
- Assist in the creation of instructional material (course objectives, content, resources and training aids).
- Prepare and deliver technical training at APR training centers and offices throughout Northern California.
- Assist in the recording and production of training videos for rollouts and as needed.
- Update documentation on intranet and in Learning Management System.
- Prepare handouts for Masters training and agent orientation.
- Make regional office visits.
- Provide training feedback; issues from class, course requests, etc.
- Complete special projects, as assigned by the VP of Training.
- Maintains safe, attractive, and healthy training environments by following organization standards and legal regulations.
- Monitor and respond to questions and calls related to training.
- Follow up after classes with any issues and questions.
- Evaluate classroom and online experiences
- Forward suggestions from agents to department manager.
Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.