Clinical Lab Technician
Redwood City, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Clinical Lab Technician to be part of our client’ s team in Redwood City. This is an opportunity to work for a great Biotechnology company that develops, manufactures and markets integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and biological function.
Our Client’ s goal is to apply innovative technologies to the analysis of genetic variation and function. They are a global company that places high value on collaborative interactions, rapid delivery of solutions, and providing the highest level of quality. Their innovative sequencing and array technologies are fueling groundbreaking advancements in life science research, translational and consumer genomics, and molecular diagnostics.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Clinical Lab Technician
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize consumable devices that enable leading-edge medical research.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assists CLS with automated steps in the analytic testing phase for patient diagnostic testing under the direct and constant supervision of licensed CLS for at least 1 assay in the clinical lab.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment in the lab.
- Participate in laboratory support work as required by the team needs and at the direction of laboratory management.
- Adhere to the laboratory' s quality control policies.
- Assist with specimen receipt and preparation when needed.
- Document on batch records.
- Instrument and equipment monitoring and maintenance.
- Sample disposal.
- Lab processes must be performed under direct and constant supervision of licensed CLS or CGMBS.
- BSc/MS strongly preferred with 1+ years equivalent experience OR 1+ year molecular biology laboratory experience required with no degree.
- Highly proficient in the lab.
- Demonstrates competency in assisting CLSs in at least 1 assay in the clinical lab.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting.
- Prioritizes activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as appropriate.
- Comes up to speed quickly on new assignments.
- Proactively works to understand rationale and implications for changes.?
- Takes immediate action when confronted with a problem.
- Ability to clearly communicate WIP to next shift.
- Able to communicate issues with equipment to engineering via ticketing system.