Cell Culture Lab Technician
San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Cell Culture Lab Technician to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a great Biotechnology company committed to the development and commercialization of innovative new gene therapy treatments for people with serious rare diseases. Gene therapy technology has tremendous potential as a treatment approach for many genetic diseases.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. They take pride in strong, global relationships with the patient, research and medical communities, and take equal pride in carefully selecting their colleagues.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Cell Culture Lab Technician
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work with staff on projects using mammalian cell culture.
- Maintain and update laboratory notebooks.
- Collect and evaluate data; prepare reports, summaries and presentations.
- Interact with colleagues; report research results and outcomes.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Perform general maintenance in the laboratory.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline with 3+ years of experience or a Master’ s Degree with 2+ years of experience with mammalian cell culture techniques, including stable cell line selection and cloning.
- Proven experience with Western blotting, Immunofluorescence, Immunoprecipitation and other protein detection methods
- Experience in molecular biology including cloning, PCR and qPCR techniques
- Strong team orientation, highly collaborative; solutions and results-oriented focus
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Proven experience working within a fast paced and working on multiple, quickly changing projects in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills including, MS Office, and data and analytical programs.
- Ability to maintain, expand, and bank cell lines.
- Single cell cloning of mammalian cells in tissue culture.
- Proficiency with current genome editing techniques
- Successful experience in a start-up company.