Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Calibration Coordinator to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Supports operations of the Calibration Group within the Instrumentation and Facilities Department by coordinating all vendor-performed work, including both on-site and off-site services.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: Coordinates with equipment owners across departments to obtain and send out measurement and test equipment/instrumentation to be calibrated by external service providers.
- Designates in and out of service status to prevent use of out of service or out of calibration instrumentation.
- Works with Lab Supervisor/Manager that oversees all lab activities.
- Manages shipment and logistics for all instruments and standards sent off-site for calibration and/or repair.
- Follows up with vendors to ensure timely return of equipment once it has been serviced.
- Provides oversight for contractors performing calibration and preventive maintenance work on site, including escorting contractors into various quality controlled areas to facilitate servicing of equipment.
- Ensures contractors abide by procedures and policies while on site, including gowning requirements and good documentation practices.
- Reviews calibration worksheets and certificates provided by external service providers for completeness and accuracy, and maintains database documents both hard copy and electronically within the Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager (BMRAM) System.
- Uses Microsoft Excel to manage initial instrument asset record prior to final entry into RAM system.
- Ensures that Calibration Technicians have the required supplies and standards necessary to perform their work (e.g. pH Buffers, Conductivity Standards and UV Solutions, etc.).
- Ensures all standards are suitable for use, including the verification of Temperature Standards.
- Reports Out of Tolerance (OOT) events to Lab Management and the Quality Assurance Group for vendor performed calibration work.
- Ensures OOT events are reported in a timely manner and that all necessary documentation is available to facilitate closure of the associated deviation investigations.
- Minimum of Associate’ s Degree with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of educational requirements.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and overall comfort and general familiarity with computer systems.
- Ability to demonstrate basic problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and follow routine procedures independently as well as part of a team.
- Comfort and flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with the business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management skills to allow deadlines to be met in a timely manner.