Fremont, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Buyer I to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Proficiently utilize SAP to process purchase orders, generally below (USD)100K on an aggregate basis.
- As applicable, negotiate price, quality, and terms relative to purchase orders for assigned functional area(s).
- Resolve SAP invoice payment blocks from identification to completion including required purchase order modifications and supplier invoice adjustments.
- Responsible for contributing to the department cost reduction program by making viable business recommendations and process improvement ideas.
- Bachelors Degree
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Purchasing and eProcurement systems preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Non-Direct Materials and Services procurement preferred.