Biorepository Technician II
Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Biorepository Technician II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Biorepository Technician II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Daily operation includes, but is not limited to, management of inventory, processing, distribution, storage, and disposition of biological materials.
- Performs BioRepository Management duties for BioSpecimen Management (BSM), with meticulous attention to details. Works independently to: receive shipments of human biological samples, verify sample integrity and data accuracy, process (centrifuge, aliquot, pool) samples, consolidate inventory, retrieve and distribute samples, ship specimen collection supplies to partners, and monitor laboratory supply inventory.
- Follows departmental work instructions, SOP’ s, OSHA safety regulations and GLPs to perform assigned tasks. Duties include handling hazardous biological materials (BSL-2) as described above.
- Works independently in a validated Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), maintaining documentation in accordance with established procedures; performs basic database queries and creates new requests as needed.
- Maintains a high level of organization to independently manage all aspects of complex specimen requests and thinks creatively to resolve challenges as encountered.
- Works independently to communicate with diverse stakeholders, internal and external, regarding sample shipment schedules and discrepancies identified during the verification process.
- Participates in laboratory certification and accreditation management activities, audit preparation, and team member recruitment activities.
- Participates in required training related to position; takes personal responsibility for being current in all training activities.
- Manages daily activities/responsibilities and assignments to meet business demands; establishes priorities using inputs from business requirements and/or internal customer needs.
- HS diploma or GED required; some undergraduate biological science coursework or Certificate (e.g. Lab Tech, EMT, LPN) preferred.
- At least 2 years of handling biological samples required.
- Requires work with dry ice, -80 degree freezers, and biological samples.
- Proficient in using e-mail and a basic knowledge and willingness to perfect understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; able to read, write and speak English.