Biomarker Data Curator
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Biomarker Data Curator to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Biomarker Data Curator
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the development of oncology therapeutics and companion diagnostics by curating biomarker data and preparing data assets for upload into our rapidly growing catalog.
- Work collaboratively to build and maintain standardized tools and processes for data curation.
- Work extensively with data managers, and bioinformaticians.
Summary of Qualifications:
- MS (or BA/BS with equivalent work experience) in Life Sciences, Bioinformatics, Data Science, or Computer Science, or related field with at least three years of experience in the pharmaceutical or diagnostics industry.
- Working knowledge in Linux/UNIX operating system, scripting language (prefer Python) and JSON Knowledge of REST APIs and relational databases.
- Knowledge of basic biological principles and the pharmaceutical or diagnostic development process.
- Great team player with strong written and oral communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Systematic, structured, and pragmatic approach to tasks, with good attention to detail.