South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Bioinformatics support for immunology disease programs in research and clinical development
Summary of Qualifications:
- M.S or Ph.D., or comparable experience
- Experience in NGS data analysis (e.g. WGS, expression data) and familiarity with NGS technologies and platforms
- High level of proficiency with R programming language and/or other scripting languages (Python, perl, etc.)
- Unix/Linux proficiency, familiarity with a software version control system
Excellent communication skills
- Immunology knowledge
Experience with methods in biological data interpretation and data mining
- Wet lab experience and/or experience collaborating with wet lab biologists