Bioinformatics Associate II
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate II to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnical company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website atwww.baysidesolutions.com.
Bioinformatics Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform bioinformatics and statistical analysis of biomarker data (including high throughput genomics and transcriptomics data sets) from clinical trial samples in collaboration with oncology biomarker scientists.
- Develop and apply diverse bioinformatics methods for biomarker analyses that utilize innovative molecular and computational technologies.
- Ensure the quality of acquired data and apply advanced statistical methods to determine and mitigate sources of bias and noise in complex datasets.
- Document analytical methods used in individual studies.
- Collaborate with other bioinformatics scientists and biostatisticians to establish and align on best practices, and deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Present analysis results at internal meetings and contribute to publications.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, statistics, systems biology, genetics, genomics or related life science field with significant quantitative research experience. MS degree holders with 3+ years of work experience will be considered.
- Familiarity working in a Linux computing environment.
- Proficiency in a high-level programming language, such as R, Perl or Python.
- Demonstrated skills and expertise with industry-standard bioinformatics packages. Experience with Bioconductor is strongly preferred.
- Applicants with an understanding of concepts in cancer biology, genomics, and immunology, and familiarity with high-throughput sequencing (e.g., whole exome sequencing) and gene expression (e.g., whole transcriptome sequencing) technologies will be prioritized
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to learn and use new statistical methodology and excellent analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully under pressure.
- Proven planning, organizational, and time management skills.