Bioinformatics Associate II
San Jose, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate II to be part of our partner’ s team in the San Francisco South Bay Area. This is a great opportunity for entry level candidates to be a part of a next generation sequencing organization.
Our partner’ s culture is very collaborative and offers hands on training. They are part of a large global genomics services organization.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Bioinformatics Research Associate
As a member of the BioChemBioInfo group, you will play a role in analyzing data for application demonstrations and development of the next generation of processes for the high throughput analysis of genomic DNA. The successful candidate should have a keen desire to dig into vast data sets, be open to working with new methods of data analysis and work well in a team environment. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a talented and dynamic team working on novel approaches to understanding human biology and disease.
- An opportunity to join a genomics sequencing organization.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop industry standard next generation sequencing analysis pipelines with a specific focus on variant detection in exome and whole genome resequencing applications.
- Design and develop computational algorithms for de novo assembly of human genomes, contig generation, and data analysis comprising multiple sequence alignment of genomic sequences
- Collaborate with researchers, engineers, cloud-based service developers and other analysts to build solutions that drive development of interdisciplinary projects. Provide quantitative/qualitative feedback (or related, software-based tools) to other teams.
- Generate simple, yet insightful, visuals that encapsulate meaningful trends, patterns, or other observations of importance. Present findings and general progress on a weekly basis.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
Summary of Qualifications:
- M.Sc. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Computer Science or closely related fields with a focus on applications of next generation sequencing (NGS).
- Hands-on experience (2+ years) in next generation sequencing analysis, including data quality assessment, sequencing data assembling, mapping, variant calling and interpretation
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux scripting, and programming languages (specifically C++/Python), and hands-on experience with commercial and open-source bioinformatics and NGS data analysis tools is required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with great attention to detail in coding practices.
- Able to execute complex analyses in a timely manner.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.