Novato, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Automation Engineer to be part of our Client’ s team in Marin County. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biopharmaceutical company focusing on the developing and commercializing novel therapies for rare diseases.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. Their company has been recognized as one of the fastest drug developers in the industry and has also been recognized among the Top 10 World’ s Most Innovative Company’ s in 2015 & 2016.Their organization is fueled by their employee’ s passion and dedication to change the course of disease.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Working under the direction of Novato Automation, support existing control systems utilized in manufacturing operations, as well as support the design, engineering, and commissioning of new control systems.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem-solving of manufacturing operations control systems/automation/instrumentation issues.
- This will primarily involve working with existing systems and equipment, but may include small roles within project teams working on new installations, as well as replacement or upgrading of existing systems.
- This position will also require the development and execution of acceptance tests and/or system commissioning plans and will require interaction with MFG and QA-Validation personnel on the qualification of these systems.
- BS or MS Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving of existing manufacturing operations control systems/automation/instrumentation issues.
- Diagnose technical issues and provide recommendations/solutions for corrective actions.
- Follow established Quality Control systems.
- Review changes and assure appropriate documentation (User Requirements, Functional Specifications, Software Design Specifications, Software Test Plans) are developed and on file.
- Extensive experience in PLC and SCADA systems, mechanical operation of equipment, and process control are essential.
- Experience with developing GAMP controls documentation for internal projects as well as reviewing/approving vendor supplied documentation (User Requirements, Functional Specifications, Software Design Specifications, and Software Test Plans).
- Allen-Bradley PLC hardware and software experience required (SLC, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, and DeviceNet).
- Experience with networks and communication protocols preferred.
- Intellution iFix 4.5 SCADA experience preferred.
- Intellution iBatch experience preferred.
- Pi Historian experience preferred.
- Virtual Machines experience preferred.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with the installation, startup, and servicing of process control systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical environment including regulatory requirements associated with 21 CFR Part 11 and supporting validation of control system equipment.
- Prior experience with controls systems supplied with skidded equipment utilized in fermentation, cell separation and recovery, filtration, CIP, and clean utilities strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with standard office software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Access.