Emeryville, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Automation Engineer to be part of our Client’ s team in Emeryville. This is an opportunity to work with a Global healthcare company focusing on improving the health and well-being of people around the world.
Our client is a Global sponsor company that develops innovative diagnostic therapies designed for hospitals, laboratory professionals and healthcare providers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for providing automation engineering function on all automated systems on site and within the scope of the companies Engineering.
- Design, install, modify and review PLC-based systems and HMI interfaces
- Controls system commissioning, startup and qualification support
- Support the system improvement project/activities for Process Automation, Building Automation and Data Historian Systems.
- Participate in equipment troubleshooting in order to maintain quality production.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, facility layout and quality of product.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in providing assistance for deviations, CAPAs and Change Controls for automated systems.
- BS Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or related field.
- 3 - 5 years industrial experience preferred in pharmaceutical/biotech operations, with working knowledge of production unit operations, cGMPs, FDA regulatory guidelines and validation principles.
- Moderate technical competence in different automation technologies (prefer biotech/ pharmaceutical industry)
- Project engineer skills and ability to handle multiple project work including control panel design, PLC/HMI/SCADA programming, industrial networks and communication protocols (EthernetIP, Bacnet)
- Ability to design electrical schematics and ability to understand P&ID drawings.
- Knowledge of safe work practices as applied to Arc Flash, electrical circuits 64V to 480V, hand tools, high work, etc.
- Knowledge of theory of motor drives, motor controls, sensors, actuators, heaters, refrigeration, pumps, controllers, 4-20mA and 0-10V signals
- Ability to effectively work with a cross functional team to achieve expected results
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- Design and owner experience with Rockwell Automation System (PLC, HMI, DCS) and PI Data Historian System
- Experience with Allen-Bradley controllers and programming software RS logix 500 and 5000, FactoryTalk®, Siemens Appogee, PI Data Historian System.
- Familiarity with good PLC/SCADA programming standards and practices.
- Experience on troubleshooting and repairing systems with VFD driven AC electrical motors.
- Experience with electrical circuits including 3 phase 480Vac, 120Vac, and 24Vdc power distribution
- Experience on process equipment and utility systems including equipment for fermentation, purification, high purity water, clean steam, compressed gases and waste treatment.
- Experience on building automation, process automation, instrumentation and electrical fields.
- Experience on equipment commissioning and startup.
- Good understanding of 21CFR11 and ISPE GAMP guidance document
- AutoCAD drawing capability is preferred.
- Knowledge of S88 Batch Controls is a plus