Automation Engineer II
4560 Horton Street Bldg. R-431 Emeryville, CA 94608 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a friendly, energetic and hardworking Automation Engineer II. This position is responsible for providing automation engineering function on all automated systems on site.
A successful Automation Engineer II must have strong customer service skills, be a team player, and provides a great attitude to the team. They are one who is organized, diligent and provides positivity to the work environment.
The culture is based on the idea of others. They pride themselves in their commitment to finding cures that other biotech companies have not tackled.
Our Company Bio:
Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Offers their employees a great work/life balance.
- Competitive compensation
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time and 401k.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Automation design, review, commissioning, startup and qualification.
- Support the system improvement project/activities for Process Automation, Building Automation and Data Historian systems.
- Provide automation support in manufacturing operations.
- Collaborates in providing assistance for deviations, CAPAs and Change Controls for automated systems.
- BS Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or related field. Superior customer service / relationship management skills.
- 3 - 5 years industrial experience, preferred in pharmaceutical/biotech operations, with working knowledge of production unit operations, cGMPs, FDA regulatory guidelines and validation principles.
- Moderate technical competence in automation technology (prefer biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects including Industrial networks and communication protocols (EthernetIP, Bacnet).
- Ability to effectively work with a cross functional team to achieve expected results.
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral).
- Design and/or owner experience with Rockwell Automation System (PLC, HMI, and DCS) and PI Data Historian.
- Experience on process equipment and utility systems including equipment for fermentation, purification, high purity water, clean steam, compressed gases and waste treatment.
- Good understanding of 21CFR11 and ISPE GAMP guidance document.
- Experience on building automation, HVAC, instrumentation and electrical fields is a plus.
- Knowledge of S88 Batch Controls is a plus.
- Knowledge of control panel design is a plus.