South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Associate Scientist to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop and/or oversee bioanalytical methods for the quantitative analysis of chemical entities (CEs) and their metabolites in plasma and other biological matrices, interpret and provide bioanalytical results to other scientists and project teams in support of drug development in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for technical monitoring of Contract Research Organizations (CROs) involved in the bioanalysis supporting small molecule preclinical and clinical development.
- Participate in CRO site selection and visits, technical support of method validation and bioanalysis, oversee the transfer of bioanalytical methods to CROs, review and report data in various formats and review validation reports.
- Specific training and refresher courses in the area of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) compliance for preclinical study support will be required.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Must have Ph.D. and 2 or more year’ s relevant experience.
- Understanding of various extraction techniques for biological samples, such as liquid-liquid, solid phase and protein precipitation and experience in using various LC-MS platforms (Sciex triple quadrupole or QTOF) and automation workstations.
- Experience in the development, validation and implementation of bioanalytical methods in a GLP environment is a plus.
- Experience with peptide or oligonucleotide bioanalysis is a plus.
- Capable of introducing new technologies and new laboratory approaches and demonstrate the ability to interpret and communicate bioanalytical results in external meetings.
- Experience with documentation of bioanalytical data, report writing, and laboratory data acquisition systems (Watson LIMS) are a plus.
- Capable of managing projects with a high emphasis on quality and timelines while representing the bioanalytical function on project teams.