Fremont, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Associate Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist in process data analysis, process monitoring, and data trending to characterize process performance and identify opportunities for process improvements and potential areas of risk.
- Be actively involved in implementation of continuous improvement projects relating to documentation, data storage, safety, facilities, equipment, and regulatory.
- Contribute to change controls, deviation investigations, standard operating procedures, batch records, work orders, etc.
- Interact cross functionally with Manufacturing, Process Science, Facilities, Automation, Validation, and Quality.
- Actively participate in the identification and implementation of new manufacturing equipment or modifications to optimize existing processes.
- Learn equipment and process at an operational level to develop technical expertise.
- Support troubleshooting and root cause analysis with equipment and process-related issues.
- Requires a Bachelor’ s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biopharmaceutical Engineering, Biotechnology or closely related discipline.
- Must possess a minimum of 0 – 2 years of professional experience within the Life Sciences industry or closely related discipline.
- Must have understanding of engineering or scientific knowledge of biologic process development and manufacturing.
- Experience with statistical software (i.e. JMP, Minitab, SIMCA, SPSS) is desirable.
- Previous experience with Spotfire, SuperPro, DeltaV, PI ProcessBook is a plus.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.