Palo Alto, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Assistant Chemist to join our global specialty chemicals partner’ s San Francisco Peninsula office. This is an opportunity to work with a life science company that provides innovative and sustainable application solutions across a variety of industries.
Our partner’ s culture is based on an appreciation for a balance with business performance, social interests, and environmental targets. They create value with growth trends in business units. They attract and retain the talent across the globe. They strive to protect the environment as a driver for growth.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a specialty chemicals company with a global reach
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K
Summary of Responsibilities
- Carry out wet chemistry such as preparing solutions, pipetting, and weighing samples.
- Utilize standard laboratory equipment such as analytical equipment, ovens and rotovaps.
- Perform catalyst synthesis support.
- Work closely with PhD Chemist to assist in the preparation of organic and inorganic synthesis.
- Handle liquid and solid reagents.
- Mixing liquids, performing filtrations, quantifying and manipulating powders.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Chemistry or a closely related discipline.
- 1-2 Years of experience in either a chemistry lab (preferred) or a biology lab.
- Excellent laboratory notebook keeping.
- MS Office and basic computer skills.
- Experience with software such as LabVIEW or similar programs and other laboratory software.
- Ability to operate analytical instrumentation such as GC and LC.
- Strong work ethic.
- Outstanding teamwork capabilities.
- Ability to communicate and share resulting data.