Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Administrative Assistant to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Supports assigned manager and team with a variety of routine administrative and operational activities including but not limited to coordinating, scheduling and preparing for meetings, events, domestic and international travel and conference calls, channeling communication and/or materials.
- Provides general support on editing and formatting departmental documents such as memos, reports, presentations and legal documentation that may require some data gathering and analysis.
- Assists with the preparation and tracking of the department budget, creates and submits purchase orders and compiles expense reports.
- Serves as the first point of contact, greets and assists visitors; screens incoming calls and takes messages.
- Supports the department with new systems, processes and training compliance.
- Serves as the departmental information resource for general operational or administrative inquiries, requiring basic administrative knowledge of departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Supports the training and onboarding efforts for new staff on administrative processes, systems, practices, tools, etc.
- Coordinates interview scheduling, office moves, office supply management and vendor communications.
- Represents the department in a polished and professional manner.
- Participates in administrative project initiatives within or outside department/functional area.
- Provides back-up support to other teams as necessary, demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and positive demeanor in the face of change.
- Actively participates in internal company meetings with other administrative professionals, finds ways to apply new methods of working, improvements in work processes and supports an exchange of ideas among colleagues.
- Associates Degree and above Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office applications, e-mail and calendaring applications.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, including the coordination of multiple activities
- Strong attention to detail.
- General financial experience for basic tracking and analysis on departmental budgets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and discreet handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to partner with other staff to maximize efficiencies across work groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills; works well with others and has a demonstrable customer service orientation.
- Typically requires 2 or more years of directly related administrative support experience.
- Experience supporting a department/functional team in the life sciences/biotechnology industry is strongly preferred.